Should Sound Quality of Computer Audio be improved

Unable to respond to, "Mach2Music and Amarra: Huge Disappointment"- Thread. Other Members take free pop-shots!
Apparently some have more Freedom Of Speech than others! I
don't know how many times I have said it, I want Computer
Audio to succeed! It will only succeed if Computers are designed from the ground up to reproduce Music (Same minimum standard applied for Equipment of ALL Audio Formats)! This is common sense Audio Engineering Design. Bandaid Modifications cannot be substituted for absence in design to produce Music! Design it right to EARN the right to become a New Audio Format- same as all other Audio Formats! No Freebee's, No Cutting Corners! Lack of design is what's causing such varied results in S.Q. between
listeners of Computer Audio. I see about 50% negative
responses here on these Threads. It will continue to happen unless you fix it! Blaming me won't help! I am an
Engineer, and I can read results! 50/50 success/ failure
rate- you have an inherit Engineering Design Flaw for the
reproduction of Music via Computers! Shock! Suprise- since
they were never designed for Music! So when is someone finally going to properly design the Equipment/Computer
(From the ground up) for Computer Audio? Do we continue
to treat any real criticism as "HERESY" in the lack of
design in Computer Audio for Music? You tell me what I am
allowed to talk about, and we will both know!
pettyofficer
Pettyofficer, You seem very passionate about this. Since you've been beating down 30 or so audiophiles, You must have been driving manufactures crazy to do something about your complaints that we have nothing to do with... You continually state "YOU THINK"
To be clear, what I THINK is that you've done nothing, you've contacted no one, you've only complained to a bunch of guys doing best they can to listen to tunes.
Please give us the info of the rants where you have taken it to the manufacturers to update audio formats in the manor that you have laid out in this 230+ count thread... So very directly again... HAVE YOU CONTACTED MANUFACTURERS? WHOM DID YOU TALK WITH? WHAT WAS THEIR RESPONSE?
TO QOUTE Pettyofficer: "COMPARISON" you want! I would be happy with both Disks and Downloads. You- NOT SO MUCH! Is this a matter of profitable convenience? At whose expense? It is not going to be born in a vacuum! Who pays then? Variety= strength. Your limited Format variety= What? Weakness?24/96,24/192 Audio Extractor compared to 32 Bit Disks- is that the best that you can do? Keep working on it. So other than beat on a bunch of guy acting like WE NEED TO FIX YOUR PROBLEM, Tell us what you've done about it. Tim
Petty - there is no such thing as 32-bit CD. It is 16/44 - period. It may be mastered in 32-bit but you are NOT hearing 32-bit resolution.

With computer audio, the possibility exists for 32-bit resolution but not with CD. My current DAC is 32-bit so all I need is the download resolution and voila - I'll have true 32-bit resolution in my system. Just a matter of time before that becomes a reality. I would be very surprised if there is ever a commercially available 32-bit optical disc and player.

If resolution is what you want, a CD player is most definitely NOT the answer.

If availability and selection is what you want, MLP, SACD and DVDa are most definitely NOT the answer.

Why are YOU continually proving MY point?

Nobody trying to deprive you of anything here - just trying to set the record straight and address your confusion, misunderstanding and paranoia.
Excellent question Timlub. I believe it was asked on page 2 of this thread and surprisingly - Petty had NO ANSWER!! I would think that he certainly must have done something by now?
Well guys, I'll be gone tuesday - friday. Going on a buying trip... Computers ...I have appointments with Acer, Asus & HP. Too bad, Pettyofficer didn't answer my questions back on page 2 about taking this to manufacturers and I as I stated a couple post ago, I don't think that petty has done anything but complain to us.
Keep at it, I'll check in on my phone.
Tim
Oh I wouldn't hold my breath Timlub! I think by post 235 or so and page 5 it is quite obvious that Petty is not the least bit interested in anything but posting a litany of complaints, blaming us for his problems and pushing his own misguided agenda. Same thing over and over..."soon all new music will only be available as downloads", "impending doom" etc. Doesn't matter what anyone says because our words just get twisted around and other words put back in our mouths.

Brace yourselves...here it comes again...