Mono blocks vs 2ch stereo single amp / Krell

I curently have a Krell system with an FPB-400cx amp with cast innerconnects. Problem: I am moving to a different home where it is going to be difficult if not impossible to locate the amp in the center of the system. If I go to Mono FPB-450mcx amps with cast connections The problem will be solved. Is the sound quality worth the added cost or would you just figure a way to remodel the home to accomodate the single amp in the middle?
Any experiance out there would be appreciated.
John
johnhelenjake
Johnhelenjake,

The amp doesn't physically have to be in the center between
the speakers. As long as you have equal length speaker
cables [ and even that isn't absolutely necessary ], you
can put the amp anywhere you like; and your speakers won't
know the difference.

Dr. Gregory Greenman
Physicist
My recent research has indicated that the cast cable length has no adverse effect. So if I locate all my equipment on one side, and run longer lengths of cast cable to the mono amps, with my short speaker cables that would be less cost then replacing the speaker cables. I have Mit Oracle bi-wire speaker cables. The cost to alter the fireplace isn't a big problem. It's just that I would like to locate the flat screen TV above the fireplace too. If I raise the fireplace the TV would be to high. It all seems trivial when you see all the flooded homeless people in Louisiana doesen't it!
John, The blocks will be audible. Get longer CAST and sell me the short ones! You may hurt the resale value of your home by messing with the fireplace. Not everyone has their priorities correct! Z.