Best pre for MC275 amp

Hi, I just bought a MAC MC275 power amp brand new. I want to get a preamp that has plenty of gain so I can drive my
Revel B15A sub hard. Am considering the AI Modulus 3, the CJ 17LS, and the MAC C2200. Also the VAC standard. I have heard that you can turn the Modulus 3 way up loud and it stays clean sounding. I don't want to have to turn the sub all the way up. I listen to a lot of 60's and 70's recordings that can be weak sounding. My Revel sub will bring out the bass if it's there. I bought the MC275 because it has gain controls. This way I can crank up my sub and turn down my main speakers to a comfortable level.
I almost bought the MAC pre, but I want to make sure. I want something that sounds great and will be reliable. I don't want something too bright or hard sounding. My ears are pretty sensitive. I have the Gallo ref 3's. Thanks.
bananaman
The C22 re-issue from the 90s is also a good choice. My MC275 SS is hooked up to one,using the balanced outputs.
I like the look better than the C2200.
Heavenly match for my CAT ultimate pre and MC-275 in mono. The bass is deep and amazing.
How about one of those Supratek's? There is no dealer but I hear that they are really nice even for CDs although their strength seems to be in the phono stage.