Looking for an incredibly dynamic preamplifier

I'm looking for a dynamic preamp that provides plenty of attack, great bottom end, and an iron-fisted grip on the system. The best I've heard so far (and by a long shot) is the Wyetech Labs Opal.
I would assume that other units with robust outboard power supplies are good candidates? Maybe a battery-powered unit like the new DartZeel pre would qualify?
Thanks.
exlibris
You may want to check out the Lamm L2 preamp. This preamp provides a very high level of dynamics and detail and presents it in a very natural way.
Rayhall, Thank you for your help. The First Sound products appear to be ultra-transparent, very dynamic, extremely quiet, and have good bass (but not extremely deep). These are obviously great qualities but I wonder what the trade-offs are. The qualities put me in mind of Nordost cabling (which have these admirable qualities) but, which I generally dislike because of *what I perceive* as a lack of high frequency information and poor portrayal of spacial qualities.
I'm obviously going to have to go and listen to the First Sound products to make up my own mind, but (since this is what we do here) can I please ask...
Does your First Sound linestage have excellent high frequency extension?
Does it "energize" your whole listening room and regularly project images well in front of the speaker plane when the recording calls for it? When images "speak" does their voice have good "action", in other words, does their voice project from the image and wash over the listener? What I'm getting at is: Are you the listener "inside" the music or are you left "watching" the music as if watching ghosts in another dimension behind an invisible, yet impenitrable plane?
Thanks again.
And now for something completely different...

I tried many preamps including the First Sound Presence Deluxe Mk II & the CAT Ultimate. Both are excellent pieces, although I would give the FS the advantage in dynamics. In my system, with the Herron M150 amps, the FS had very deep and powerful, tuneful bass, at least the equal of the CAT. (Mine had stock tubes.) The CAT was a bit "sweeter", the FS was more transparent.

In the end I chose the Herron VTSP-1 with no regrets - it is simply the most dynamic, natural and musical preamp I've tried in my system. Paired with the Herron monos it sounds like live "music" in the room with me.

I would highly recommend auditioning Keith Herron's new VTSP-2 (tubed) or his solid state model.

http://www.herronaudio.com
Thanks to everyone for their suggestions so far. Sorry about the poor description of spatial relationships and how music travels but that's the best I can do. I like Jonathan Valin's term, "action."
"Music in the room" would have probably sufficed. Having said that, I only heard "music in the room" in two rooms at this summer's NY home entertainment show. IMO the vast majority of systems, regardless of price, don't pull this off. Mine doesn't (yet).