Nuforce

I read the ad... has anybody tried the NuForce products?
hockeydad
This weekend with a friend of mine, who is owner of a Nuforce9, we made extensive listening session in my system (see system). I personally think, that the Nuforce9 is as good as any good solid state amplifier in the price bracket and soundprint somewhere between the ML 431 and the Linn Klimax Chakra. Very extended, very quick, very detailed - still it is - to my mind - a typical 'hard' sounding solid state design. In many ways more 'thrilling' soundprint than my Aronov 960LSI tube integrated, but I still felt tonally not correct for acoustic music. Maybe, If I would hear mostly electronic music, I would go for the Nuforce. But with listening preferences of classical music, I think that it is tonally too hard and too 'metallic'. None the less, we have also tried the Nuforce9 plugging into a PS Audio P300 Powerplant. That was a shocking experience. With the P300, the character of the Nuforce has changed completly, resembling more to a rather darkish solid state amplifier, instead of a rather brightish ML or Linn Chakra.
You stated "as good as any good solid state amplifier in the price bracket". Do you mean in the price bracket of the Nuforce? If so, what are you listening to? Because I've never heard a solid state amp anywhere near this price range that comes close to the Nuforce. Granted, I haven't listened to any of the newer digital amps (except the Spectron). The Nuforce Ref 9s are about $2,500 for the pair, and virtually every solid state amp I've heard (with the exception of the Dartzeel) sounds very sterile, which is NOT how I would characterize the Nuforce. At least not in my system. I've never heard either the ML 431 or the Linn Klimax Chakra, so I can't comment on them. I would say that system synergy plays a large role in how good (or bad) these amps sound.
Ajahu , what preamp was being used in your friend's system with the Nuforce Ref 9s?
Sorry for the confusion. The price bracket I meant is where the Linn Klimax Chakra-ML 431 is. So about 6-7000 USD. We used an ML 39 and a TACT 2.0 as cd player and preamp.
Everyone needs to realize that the Ref9 is way different than the 9.02's. If you still have the 9 get it upgraded to 9.02. Some people are saying the 9.02's with extended bass are too bright but I beg to differ because it is not happening in my system with all silver wire. They need over 150 hours run time to be sure. Also I would leave them on all the time. Also, I think Ggil has a great set up for these.