What amp with Innersound Eros ?

What kinds of amplifiers have you used with your Innersound Eros (active) speakers ? I'm interested in the observations of people who have owned or tried a variety of power amps with these speakers, particularly tube amps.
mabonn
I have a pair of Kaya's. Which are similar but a little larger.

I have tried four different amps with these. First amp I used was a Parasound A21. This worked pretty well though a little under powered. In its price range I don't think you could do any better though.

Next amp I tried was Audio Valve Challenger 180. These tube mono blocks put off a ton of heat and where a little to soft sounding for my taste.

Then I tried a McIntosh MC275 which is way to underpowered for these speakers but sounded quite nice under about 84 dbs.

My current amp is a Innersound DRP-500. At 500 watts per channel it drives these quite well. Nice clean sound no distortion even at ear splitting levels.

I do recomend using a tube preamp if you use solid state amps with these speakers. I'm using an Aesthetix Callisto partial eclipse with the Innersound amp and the sound is awesome.

As for tube amps I would stay away from anything under 200 watts as a general rule. I have read that someone had good results with a Rogue Zeus with their Kaya's but forget what their user name is.

I would like to try Atma-sphere MA-2's one of these days funds and space allowing ;).

If you find the right combo of gear these speakers are hard to beat.

Regards,

Sean
Just realized this is a 5 year old thread. OP has probably found an amp by now.