What Is Best Monoblocks For Around $10,000 Used?

I'm searching for an amplifier upgrade in my system. My system is presently made up of a Classe CA-401 amp, Krell HTS 7.1 pre-pro, Piega P10 loudspeakers and Mark Levinson No.39 CD player. (The P10's and ML 39 will eventually be upgraded.) I listen to 2-channel redbook CD's, but the system also does Home Theater with a Krell Theater Amp Standard handling the center channel, rear channel and Zone 2.

I'm searching for a pair of mono-blocks that sells in the used market for about $10,000 (plus or minus), to replace the Classe CA-401 stereo amp. I've considered the Krell 450Mcx, but heard it sounds dark. (I don't know what dark is.) I've considered the Musical Fidelity KW amps, but they only have single ended inputs. The Pass Labs X600 may not give me the bass I'd like to have.

Can anyone make any suggestions on a good, resolving pair of mono-blocks?

Thank you.
george3
Brystons, Bel Cantos mono'd, VTL MB450 Sigs, M-F or BAT.....

Not a big Krell fan, but nice stuff. ex krell owner.

Bel Canto Evo2 mono'd owner, love em. So does my electric bill.!!!
Not having read any of the responses, I highly recommend Nuforce amps(I also recommend Oritek X-2 interconnects.).
Hi George,Right now there are apair of Tenor mono blocks up for sale at Alterativeaudio.com for $8000.U.S.D. or $10,000 Canadian...
Why spend $10,000? Bel Canto REF1000. This is a monoblock that kicks out 500W into 8 ohms and 1000W into 4 ohms with a damping factor over 1000 and THD under 0.007%. The REF1000 has extraordinarily clear midrange and top end, combined with bass control that makes it sound as if you added a servo-controlled subwoofer. All of this with a WAF second to none: They do not weigh 150 lbs. each; they weigh less than 15 lbs. each and are contained in half-chassis boxes.

This is part of the new wave of B&O's ICEpower amps and happens to be the most powerful consumer version.