How could you go wrong for $240.01?

You gotta love it: "Buy it Now" for $.01 - $210 for shipping - then $30 to wire for 110v.

Check out the 845 amp, plus the host of others at this guy's eBay Store (out of China), including EL34, 2A3, 300B, EL84, and 6P1-based.

http://stores.ebay.com/CHINA-TUBE-KING_W0QQssPageNameZviQ3asibQ3astoreviewQQtZkm

I came upon this and was like, these guys have got to see this. I mean, I betcha' there are loads of designs out there utilizing the exact same architecture (and possibly parts) for 10 times the cost.

I'm kinda thinking, "A little Christmas present from me...to, uh, me?" Heck, why not at this price?

Anyhow, you guys have a good one.

~Mark~
ballywho
Easily. The guy has a low number of feedbacks, one negative, not much of a history etc. And that's before getting the equipment. Interesting, wish it were true, but No Thanks.
I'd give it a try. For that much money you don't have much to lose. I'm sure you're right that the same amp architectures are made and sold for far more money every day.
Hey Ballywho

Good find!

As Chinese manufacturing techniques improve, I am sure that classic designs like this will be available to all of us for pennies on the dollar, compared to the usual tweaky "high end" offerings.

In the meantime, it might be a bit dicey should you ever have a problem, but I agree for $240.01, WHO CARES?

And tarsando, just curious, but ARE YOU A DEALER?
Hey, send me $240.10, and I'll send you some busted up piece of crap amp that I have kicking around...at least you'll get something for your money!

First, the item for $0.01 is an opening bid price, not a buy it now price.

Second, don't be surprised when a) the amp never arrives, b) the parts used are BOOTLEGS, if it does arrive, c) when your "Angel Music" amp craps out shortly after arriving, go try to get it serviced. If it doesn't arrive, go try to get your money back from an unknown businessman in China

Third, China is the bootleg and product piracy capital of the world. The guy appears to have made his start by selling pirated DVD's [no boxes] back in July, and there has been no feedback in 4 months.

Fourth, the theft of intellectual property [patented circuit design] is still THEFT, no matter how you try to paint it.