Pre-Amp Reliability -- 4th time mine has conked

Arrrrghh ... My PSE Studio SL pre-amp just conked out for the fourth time in 15 years. PSE has always been nice enough to fix it at no cost to me -- even after the warranty long expired -- but it's still a big annoyance having to send it out, wait weeks for it to come back, etc.

Couple of questions for the board: (1) Based on the history I've mentioned above, is my reliability less than average for a pre-amp ?, and (2) If so, what would be a good recommendation for a replacement ? I'm running a pair of Vandersteen 3a Signatures and a pair of Vandersteen 2Wq subwoofers. If I have to replace the pre-amp, I will probably replace amps (two PSE Mk V monoblocks) as well, so amp recommendations would also be appreciated. Looking for sonic quality -- and reliability !!!

Thanks very much for your help.
bothrops1b81
4X in 15 years is not outrageous, but I've only had 1 pre-amp ever need work in the last 15 years (all used units). With respect to new gear, give us a budget. One thing, w.a pair of the 2WQs, you will be able to use a smaller, higher quality amp. Maybe a BAT VK3i/VK60 pre-amp/amp combo? used for about $3K if that fits your budget.
I've owned a Klyne SK-5A for five years. I bought it from the original owner who had never had to have it repaired in 19 years. I haven't either. OK, the "standby" LED is a little dim, and I've had to tighten the fixing bolts on two RCA connectors.

Stan Klyne still offers service for this unit, although some parts are no longer available. If you want to consider other makes of preamp than the one you have, Klyne looks like a pretty good bet for reliability from where I'm standing. They sound nice too.