Any experience with Krell KRS-2 6-chasis version

I saw lot of old ads on Audioweb about Krell KRS-2, most of them mentioned that the item being sold is 3-chasis version, a smaller/cheaper scale of a full 6-chasis version.
If you have any experience of this piece, please share your thought of that.

Thanks
tqn999
You should ask Krell. My recollection, which is hazy, is that the KRS-2 was a two chassis preamp (separate power supply). About $4500, list, when it was new in the late 80s (I got an ARC SP-11 instead of the Krell at the time).
Thanks rcprince, I tried to contact Krell both by phone and email, but haven't got any answer yet.
You're right, the 3-piece set has separate power supply which counted as 3rd piece.

Any related info would be greatly appreciated.
The KRS-2 is a wonderfull piece. It had a world class line stage, and it's excellence was it's phono circuit.

Much more dynamic than the SP-11 of the day, but one would expect that, given the solid state design.

The guys at Krell are probably the best in the industry at repair and support of product, but My experience with them is that they rarely praise anything but the current production model.

This unit was made for a short few years, and at the time Dan D, was hot in pursuit of pushing the Balanced (XLR) technology. So once they had the ability of balanced inputs to the KSA-80b and the KSA-200b this piece had to be replaced with the KBL. And then they added an outboard box for the Phono.

These rarely ever hit Agon.

Let me know if you need any more info on this unit.

Thanks Edward,
I've got answer from Patrick at Krell and he's confirmed that the 6-piece KRS-2 was Balanced one, but he also mentioned that it used a special DC cables which no longer produced by Krell.
Do you know any cables on the market can be used to replace for it ?