Amp Question Please advise

Hello all I have a Denon 3805 with Paradigm 40's up front CC-350 center and cenimas in the rear
I am not happy with the sound at low levles -you have to crank it up to wake up the speakers.
Will an amp help this out ? Will I get better lows with ading an amp
Thanks ~
antman27
I'm curious about the speaker wiring you are using, I have experimented around with different speaker wiring, especially the center channel, and found a great difference in "intelligibility" with different cables on the Paradigm CC I was using for quite awhile. It seemed like with some wires I needed to turn volume up quite abit to get center voice frequencies properly. My current 5.1 setup has speakers that do not require any thing special in the way of cabling (TBI).
But even those are helped with some wire that favors mid-voice range.....let us know how it all works out...good luck, Mike.
Hey Cheapmike , I am using 12 gague SJ Cable for speaker wire
I have herd good things about using power extition cord wire as speaker wire
I was also thinking about trying better cables wires & bi-amping BUT I can not bi-amp my denon & run an outdoor set of speakers on zone 2
Shadorne you got me more confused now I am looking for better lows for music not HT -low listning backround music
Antman27,

I am not familiar with the Denon 3805 surround processor. I assumed that for two channel music that you program this Denon amp to send the audio signal also to the subwoofer as well as the left and right channels (many surround processors allow this option). If this is not possible then my suggestion to try a beefier sub woofer (PDR 12) will not help you at all with your music... in this case you might want to look at a surround processor that does allow you to drive your PDR 8 when playing stereo source music or, alternatively, larger front speakers with more defined base reponse (usually means larger cones and may unfortunately be much less esthetic for your room).
Antman; I think it is time to step up and buy "real" speaker cable. The original set-up spec for 5.1 is all 5 speakers the same and I assume it means cabling to those speakers also. Most of us do not use the Multi-thousand dollar cables needed to the rear (side) speakers as the length is too long. A good place to start (and consider this a reference to compare other wires to) is Monster Cable "original" twin lead. Not too expensive and 100 ft can usually do the whole room for experimental purposes, or at least the rear/side speakers long term. Next step up smoother sound is Audioquest cv4, have not had success with other cheap/bulk cables, this stuff will also help your bass response. Lots and lots of other combinations but you need to rationally start somewhere, let us know and good luck, Mike.
audiquest
I posted some Pix
Dont mind the mess Look at the HT Pix
Let me know your thoughts

http://community.webshots.com/user/antman27