Cary SLP98L Tube Rolling

just got my new Cary SLP98L, which i am very happy with. have been using the stock tubes, and i am wondering if anyone has done a bit of tube rolling with their slp98L.
if you mention or recommend a specific tube, could you please give details about what that tubes offers that another tube might not offer.

thanks!
skuras
i received more than one email from people who told me that tube rolling on this pre amp is not worth the money. they said that the difference in sound quality is so minimal that it is not worth the time and the expense.

anyone have an opinion on that?
In my system it was well worth the time and expense. As I said in a previous post, the Cary is most likely voiced to the Chinese 6SN7s, so they won't sound horrible, but in my system when I swapped in excellent NOS 6SN7s it was clear to me that there was more than a minimal difference.

There is only one way to find out. Give it a shot and hear for yourself.
As for using Raytheon-VT 231s in the Cary, which type is more preferable : flat plates or t-plates?
Well worth tube rolling, and the "F1" version (direct coupled with oil caps) is definitely the way to go. A true giant slayer at reasonable cost.