mark knophler

hi guys
has anyone heard the new one "Privateering"
Al
alpass
Check out Whatsbestforum.com serious high-end audiophiles. very friendly.

http://www.whatsbestforum.com/showthread.php?7967-Mark-Knopfler-s-newest-Privateering&highlight=mark+knopfler

above is the thread with some reviews and detailed comments. enjoy
I heard one song on the radio last weekend in the car and ordered it on Sunday. I should get it tomorrow. I was impressed. Ive read that if you're a fan of Mark you should order it. Do you own it or are you looking for opinions?
Excellent blend of Celtic ,folk and blues with the sparse yet penetrating lyrics found in his previous solo efforts...A first time double cd[or lp] with 20 titles all of which create a slightly mystical and comfortable atmosphere!
Out today so go for it!

Azjake
Hi.
This is easily the BEST album of 2012. Even if you are not a Mark Knopfler fan, you owe it yourself to buy/audition this.
Well, for the American you have chance to see him on tour in U.S from the 04Th Oct.2012, with bob dylan.
In my humble opinion, BD is no match for MK.

Arun
Knopfler has been recording and selling the same old stuff for the last 10 years, ever since he left Dire Straits. It has just been more and more of the same. No, I haven't heard this new one but I am not inclined to spend the $ to find out either.

He needs some fresh blood to kick him in the belly to do something different and exciting again.