Best power amp below US $ 20.000,00 ??

Any sugestions ?
128x128elberoth2
Elberoth2, for what it's worth, the Atma-Sphere MA-2 amps have no problem with the 3.6 ohm drop of the Eidolons. They've been a great match for all the reasons you list as to why you liked the SET amp. But, they will be difficult for you to audition in Europe.
Twilo,

Hey I just happen to own both amps that you just mentioned. I am going to keep the lamm 2.2. While the rowland is a tube-like solid state amp, the lamm 2.2 is a hybrid that really mates the solid state and tube gear together seamlessly.

They are both excellent but with my emmlabs dac and transport and wilson speakers, the lamm is better.

I think that the rowland is one of the best all solid state amps ... just depends on the other equipment you got and how it all works together..

The weird thing is that while many people agree about the rowland in general and the 302 in particular, I am having a devil of a time selling it? Most of the time, I just get tire kickers who end up buying krell stuff. Well their loss.
Rushton -> Atma MA-3 is around 28k new, which is a over my budget. I could probably strech it a little bit more if only Atmas weren't so ugly ! I think my wife would divorce me If I got those home. j/k. Plus, them must generate an awful lot of heat, which maz be an issue in the summer months (I have A/C in my room, but I tend to switch it off when listening).
Elberoth2,

If you have axcess to the Musical Fidelity KW750, I feel that it would be worth an audition in your system.

Michael
Hi Adam, lots of advices?
OK. Tubes:ARC REF210, VTL S-400
Solid state: Ayre V1xe, CJ Premier350, Pass X350.5 or
Plinius SA Reference
Keep in mind that CJ inverts phase...
Happy hunting!