Audion Sterling MKI Integrated tube

This is my first foray into tubes. I'm purchasing this baby from an Audiogoner who, also, has the ZuCable Definitions 1.5s (and the Druids, as well) which are the speakers I am waiting on delivery. The paint is dry and they are doing some of the break in for me with their Ibis cables which I am also purchasing. Not being a "tuber" I'm wondering if any of you fellow tubmen (or women)have had experience with this amp, or know anything about it from others. It is coming with some very serious tubes: Vintage Golden Lion KT 88s and some othe nos tubes that I can't remember the names of. This may be the end (you know that will never be the case) of my tube journey or just the beginning, but it is very exciting. 101db speakers coupled to 18 SET watts per: hopefully it will be a good marraige. Anything on this, tube tips, etc, would be appreciated. thanks in advance, warren :)
128x128warrenh
Warren, welcome to tubes and congratulations on the Audion Sterling.

Darkmoebius(nice name, huh) uses an Audion Sterling with EL34 and he has a nice collection of tube amps going, taking Terry Cain's advice on using multiple amps to another level...

Well, and if you decide tubes are not for you - i.e. the end of your tube journey - there are always Nelson Pass' First Watt creations, that are made for speakers like yours :)

Enjoy!

Rene
nah, not yet. Firstly, it is nice to hear from first hand experience regarding the Sterling. It will take more than that to take the wind out of my sails. Also, as little as I know, I have learned that tube synergy is very important and Cobra213 (Phil) knows his tubes and their Definition 1.5 relationship. It is definately a start, and when I get my APL, the sound will change again. Very high class situation I've got here. Since I don't have a tube refferent, I must go by some trusted first hand tympanics to get me started. Who better than a tuber who owns the very speaker I'm purchasing. Can't beat that with a stick, for a start.
Warren, the anticipation seems to be killing you. I am the same way. My wife notices that I can stay up late working on getting a new amp, CDP or whatever the tweak is set-up but that I am usually too tired to fix anything else around the house. I am sure that you will love the sound - it will give you a new perspective/reference and sandbox to play in.
I feel like a kid in a chocolate shop. It is exciting. It's what I love about this hobby. Like the new car smell. Nothing like a new addition to a music rig. I'll keep you guys posted. Thanks for nice words...peace, warren
oops, I forgot to ask the Sterling owners. Any ideosyncrasies with the Sterlings? Tube noises? On and off tips as far warmup and extending tube life? When I receive my Definitions I would like to put a serious 100 hours of very loud-hi decibel-- powerful music with strong bass extension.This is the time that I let my rig run riot when my wife and I are at work. Thank god I get home before her. You wouldn't want to see her fact walking into the house with the level that are playing. Now to my question: should I use a 100 solid state watts per integraged amp picked up at Circiut City, rahter than waste the tube life on some very serious tubes. Would running the Sterling for a long time, such as this, have a negative effect on my rig? You thoughts and tips to help me break in my Definition and Sterling would be appreciated..remember I'm still a tube virgin.peace, warren