Modwright SWL9.0 SE Tube Rolling

I'm using TungSol 5687 tubes as supplied by Modwright in my SWL9.0SE. They are very linear and extended with deep bass, however they have little midrange bloom.

Has anyone rolled other tubes in the SWL9.0SE? If so, would you please describe their tonal characteristics?
tvad

01-20-06: Cellorover
There is a list of recommended and non-recommended tubes in the Modwright owner's manual.
Indeed. The Modwright manual specifically mentions 6900 and 7119. Another source lists 7044 as a drop in for the 5687.

My question specifically requests users of tubes other than TungSol 5687 to describe the tonal characteristics of the tubes they have tried.

1markr, your comments have been insightful. Thank you.
Yes, they do Nzera. I have both, a Modwright 9000es and teh Modwright SWL 9.0SE preamp.
my ideal tube would have both nice bloom but also very transparent. the tung sol feels balanced, but maybe a tad lean. think i'm goin to try some GEs and RCAs, yes?

do i hear a bit of a closed in or controlled sound from the tung sols?
Dennis, I tried the RCA 5687 bronze plates, not on the preamp, but on a Modwright 999ES cdp. They sounded veiled and lifeless compared to the ones above. Maybe it was the tubes?
Can anyone recommend a source/s for the GE JAN 7044s? I had a bit of a troll around and didn't find any readily available.

Thanks