Stylus cleaner

Does anyone have a home made recipie for a safe but effective stylus cleaner?
mwentsel
I had reservations when I first started using Magic Eraser but those quickly subsided. Here is in the order of importance from my personal experience..

(1) A clean record. Audio Desk. After cleaning, ( I've written elsewhere regarding this procedure) store it in a quality inner sleeve. I use Sleeve City's Ultimate inner sleeve. (I never have to use a brush anymore because the AD removes all dirt, dust & more importantly, static. Just blow the lp off before playing.
(2) Every now and then I use the ME, then I follow that with the Onzow, then a brief brushing with MOFI Lp#9 stylus cleaner, (formerly Record Research Labs). Note: I use the liquid cleaner on a irregular basis. One advantage to the Onzow is that you can actually see if any crud comes off of your stylus. Since acquiring the AD, I find it's less & less.
I think this is important enough to repeat. I'm going to give a current example:

I recently purchased Ben Taylor's "Listening" on vinyl.

My normal cleaning procedure includes:

(1) Visual inspection
(2) Depending upon what (1) shows, I then apply Audio Intelligent Enzimatic fluid with a VPI bristle brush (that is always steamed after each lp).
(3) Steam lp.
(4) Audio Desk level (3).

Ususally, this is sufficient. Sometimes not so much. After listening to "Listening" after the first cleaning, I decided to inspect, re-clean.

(1) Applied lighter fluid to surface of lp. (This dissipates extremely fast so use a soft cotton cloth to wipe the surface very quickly.
(2) Re-do my aforementioned process.
(3) Use the AD on level 5.

The results are very gratifying and noticeable, IE: worth it. I know that lighter fluid raises question marks. Understood. My several years of using it in certain situations that are called for, has resulted in no negative effects. The main thing is that it evaporates extremely fast, therefore no chance of damaging affects.

(1) Visual inspection, listen, Ahh!
My recipe is a combination. Cartridge is ZYX Universe. After playing one side of an LP, I use magic eraser, followed by a few brushes with LAST System Formula 4 Stylus Cleaner. Before dropping the needle on the next side, I apply LAST System Formula 5 Stylast. So far, so good.