Lamm ML1.1 & ML 2.1

Hi,

I've the opportunity to heard 2 times the ML2.1 - 18 watts class A - first time on JM Lab Grande Utopia BE and the other one, on Kharma CRM 3.2

I love the sound of the ML2.1 : so natural, so human...

But I don't know the lower priced ML1.1 - the 90 watts -I'm living in France and it's not well distributed.

What differs between both in terms of sound ?

Do you know other amp with this kind of natural sound - at same price or lower !!!!

Thanks

David
davidri
711 smilin, glad to hear you are liking your ML2's. I am not sure the effeciency of your speakers but with the Teton's 95db I do not hear any distortion at rather loud levels. I normally listen to most music in the 70-80db range. I admit though that I have not tried or for that matter care to listen at head banging 100db+ levels.
Dmailer, my room is bigger, 700 square feet, I listen normal 85Db-95Db. But, at the same time, WOW, the low level microdynamics are amazing. I have been playing around with sources last night, and hearing much bigger differences with the Lamms, than any of the 40 plus I have owned in the past few years. I still own and LOVE my Dodd 120's, headbanging at it's finest, but these, in general are fabulous too.

Ya Gotta try the Amperex 12AX7's bugle boys, d getter from the 50's....very very nice
No detectable distortion here, either - PLENTY of headroom with 18 watts, at any sane (or somewhat insane) volume level. Enjoy!