B&W 802D + Pass Labs X350.5 a good match?

Hi, I was wondering what members thought about the 802d + pass labs X305.5 amp? I like the clarity and air of the 802D but would like to add some warmth and emotion. I have read that the previous .0 version of pass labs amps were a bit lean and on the cool side, something I definitely do not think is a good match with B&W. Thanks in advance.
128x128tboooe
The Pass would be a good overall choice and so would the Plinius SA-102.

Happy Listening.
Yes, I have heard great things about Plinius. My only issue is availability in my area. Not many dealers carry Plinius which makes we a little worried if I ever need support.
I have used the Classe CA2200 with the 802D's and was disappointed. (I have questioned for some time if there was an issue with that amp due to certain circumstances.) I really liked the CA2200 and CP500 with Signature 805's but it just wasn't getting it done with the 802D's. Therefore, if you consider Classe I would suggest the monos stated above. This was a bummer because I liked the Classe gear a lot.

I can't comment on the match with Pass but if you can try it, I would.

There are many people happy with McIntosh (especially newer Mac) and B&W, me included, something to consider.
brianmgrarcom:

i thought that 802Ds need a lot of power? how do you find the mac powers the 802ds?
Your thoughts were my thoughts too.

I can run the MA2275 out of steam if I push it hard enough, that said its overall performance is wonderful. I was using the Musical Fidelity kW500 when I switched to the Mac; there is no doubt that the kW never ran out of steam, but sonically I prefer the Mac, easily.

In general, B&W does like a lot of power, but I have found this pairing to work nicely for me. That said, if you prefer more power I recommend considering Mac's SS amps along with the others you are considering.

Brian