amp de-powering soon after power-on

For all your electronics wizards on this forum, what would cause my Bryston 3BST to turn itself off, several seconds after manual turn on? It is doing it consistently.

I assume this is a protective maneuver. Is it a short? Fuse??

I've checked the power cord; changed it to a different power strip; checked all other connections. Since I am a mere consumer, I don't know what else to do.

The amp was working fine last week. It's in my office system, which was off over the 3-day weekend. I know I can send it to the company, but am wondering if I can fix it on my own. Thanks for your help.
leg35al
I suspect that it is caused by circuitry that turns the amp off in the event of overheating etc...a defective component (possibly a capacitor) in the circuit is causing the circuit to get turned on, turning off the amp. As Nsgarch suggested, contact Bryston as you cannot fix it yourself.
agree it needs a call to Bryston.
They have a fantastic warranty, so they certainly have built in protection circuitry to prevent major problems.
It's turning itself off before it explodes!(ha ha)
It may be a minor issue with the protection circuits, or a major fault!
With the warranty 20 years! I'd send it in.
(or is it more than 20 years old?)
Rhyno,

Bryston tells me it's a "low-voltage power supply" problem.
I won't even try to fix that. Up to service in Vermont it is going. It's around 3 yr young. I guess this qualifies, given the duration of the Bryston warranty, as an infant mortality.

Elizabeth,

I doubt the "ST" versions were around 20 yr ago. But that circuit protection is a wonderful part of this particular problem. It certainly saved all the other gear in the system from amp-associated damage!!

Thank you all for your solid advice.