integrated tube amp recommendations, with remote

Hi Audiogoners,

I'm getting very excited planning my first true hi-fi system, and am looking for recommendations.

I'd like an integrated tube amp for <$1500, new or used. I'd like it to have a remote control, which curiously seems to be somewhat rare on tube amps of this price range. Unless someone can convince me that not having a remote improves the sound quality, I feel this is a requirement for the convenience factor.

I normally listen to music at "average listening volume," but occasionally host the cramped apartment party and need to crank it, so do want an amp that can deliver enough power, recognizing that it's about quality of the power versus wattage, etc.

I've so far seen only a couple that meet these criteria:

Antique Sound Lab AQ1001DT
Rogue Tempest II (a little pricier than I wanted)

Also looked at the Primaluna Prologues, Jolida JD202A or JD302B, but no remotes!

Any other ideas?

Thanks,
Ravi
defiantscientist
I am using an Onix Sp-3. No remote but it has a build quality that should cost 10 times as much as it does. Puts out 38 watts, has surprising bass and very good overall sound quality. I have heard it on Zu and Merlin and it excelled with both. Output tubes are very inexpensive and maintenance is near zero. Oh yeah! You can buy a new one for $700 and used for between $500/$600. That leaves more moolah for other components.
Check out the SQ-88 from Quest for Sound. A dealer on AO and located in the PA/NJ area. Unit has remote for volume control, built like a tank using KT 88 tubes. Has real guts in driving my VS jr4's. Stephen is a great quy to deal with. Good luck in your quest.
Thanks everyone for the thoughtful recommendations. I'm going to see what I can demo and then make my final decision...
I once was so stubborn about remoite controls that you wouldn't have been able to convince me that I didn't need one. When I was in the market for an integrated amplifier I passed on a lot of good deals because they didn't have remotes. I now own a Blue Circle CS integrated. No processor loop, No remote, just stock. I realized I took a risk but I am glad I did. They really arent that important on an amp and I never find myself getting up and down to adjust the volume.

The only place I would ever want a remote is the CD Player, I can mute (pause) and change tracks.
Cd remote is essential. As for the volume, well, I go back and forth on that. I think that once you get to know your room, your system and your music collection, you will tend to pick the right volume and not need to make frequent adjustments via remote. But remote is so very handy for new recordings or recordings that vary in volume (e.g. Checky demonstration disks) or recording that has one or two very high sections that you need to reduce for the neightbors....

A couple days ago I was no way without a remote volume but today I'm liking an amp that lacks a remote and feeling what the hey....

Art