Just ordered my Supratek Chenin Preamp

Ordered it in Piano Black with chrome, remote control and HT bypass options. Now comes the hard part - waiting for it to be built and shipped! Hope the time passes quickly...
ait
06-02-06: Bartokfan
Your first tube equp EVER, and you buy a Supratek. WHY? I don't get it. How much did you pay, tell me that.
Also there is a 5 yr running Supratek topic going on, I suggest you post there.
Paul
There is little tube gear that has the loyal and devoted following of Supratek. There must be a good reason. Your comment smacks of intolerance, and ignorance. Five years worth of posts from Supratek owners, and their taste and opinion is beneath yours? Have you heard any Supratek products in your system? If so, what?

We all have valuable experience to offer in these threads, but dogma as it concerns the audio hobby seems misplaced to me. There are simply way too many variables to cynically question the choices of others and chisel "The Way" into tablets of stone.
Thanks to all who have chimed in on my behalf. I wasn't bragging, just excited. I'm just getting back to analog after a 20+ year hiatus, and all the research I've done has pointed me toward Supratek. Sure it's not cheap, but why buy a lesser product if you can afford something better.

Anyway, that's 2 days off the waiting time...
Hi Ait,When you take delivery of your Chenin and log acouple of hundred hours on it.Heed Ecclectique advise on changing the power supply rectifier tube.With a good close matched sides n.o.s.rectifier.This single tube change will have a profound effect on the sonics of your Chenin.I have tried many,giving each one time to settle in for a period of weeks.My personal choice came down to a 1954 Bendix 6106,both sides measure exact,100%.I bought a few until I found one with exact matched sides.This tube was recommended by Ecclectique.Prices vary from $20.and up for single n.o.s.Bendix.You can spend up to $300. for a single n.o.s.1950s metal base Philips Mini Watt GZ-34....However,I find the Bendix equally good in my power supply.It boils down to liking a personal sonic flavour.Regulators are the next pair that will have a huge effect.Again tried a few,early 1950s brown base smoked glass n.o.s.matched Genelex KT-66s $$$,and Genelex Gold Lion $$$.Ecclectique recommended a 6F6G in the regulator position.This tube is old and was used in early radios,juke boxes,some early audio amps and t.v.s.It is a great audio tube. A n.o.s. pair can run from $8.00 apair at a vintage radio flea market and up.Audio tube venders are selling pairs of these 6F6Gs for $30.and up.I requested matched pairs from a vender and bought afew.I then checked them with my own tube tester.Good old Andy of Vintage Tube Services.According to Ecclectique it is very important to have a matched pair of regulator tubes,the closer the match the better.Im using late n.o.s. 1930s Sylvania 6F6g that are mirror matched.Thanks to Ecclectique and his expert advise.I love them.In the end I spent $50 for three replacement tubes,that sonically stomped the piss out of the stock Russian tubes that came with my Chenin.I put the stock tubes back in,listened to one side of a L.P.,out they came.The 6F6gs hands down out performed the $$$Genelex Kt-66s in the Supratek design .The key here is to be patient....Give your new Chenin time to burn in thoroughly....Then start with replacing the rectifier tube. Give the tube time to burn in,50 plus hours. The Bendix takes 100s of hours.If you find a good one,it is well worth it.Don't worry about the other tubes for now.You may like what you hear with the stock ones.
Congratulations on your score. You have every right to be excited.

Listening to the Beatles blue box set through the Chenin is a friday night joyous ritual.

You'll have a ball. A great preamp, worth every penny.

Have Fun.