Home Entertainment Show in Los Angeles

Has anyone ever been to this event?

I'll try to get some time to check it out this weekend.

[url]http://www.homeentertainment-expo.com/[/url
128x128mitch4t
Well...I would have gone if DK had a room.

I have always wanted to hear the penultimate system.
Just returned. Honestly, it made me appreciate what I already own.

A few highlight rooms: Lamm, Acapella, Audio Aero, Wilson, Berning (don't remember the speaker brand, but they were very nice). Honorable mention to the Gamut room for having a transparent and detailed sound without being bright and fatiguing (a problem in many rooms, IMO).
I just got back about an hour ago. It's a chance to see a lot of interesting stuff, but....
95% of the rooms were too small and sounded pretty bad.
I thought Vandy Quatro, MBL and the oddball looking Vivid(?) speakers sounded pretty good, but even these were bottom heavy.

Acoustic Image (a local retailer) had large speakers from ESL(?) sounding very good in a larger room.

Fun, but limited utility.

If you go, enjoy!

Marty

PS I found a dozen LPs: John Coltrane, Aretha, Richard Thompson, Sam Cook, etc that set me back $125. That was the highlight for me.
I'll try to attend tomorrow. Judging by the size of it I may have to run through pretty quickly. It'll be fun to see all this gear I've only read about. If I can find the time and the space to sit and listen that'll be a bonus.

Thanks guys!
I too plan to attend over the weekend. Thanks for the link as I was not sure exactly it was held!!!. But I admit, i am little bit apprehensive about going there and listening to mega buck systems and for fear that I may look DOWN upon my system. Tvad's experience is encouraging though ;)