Any opinions on Classe Preamps?

I have a Classe CA-100 Power amplifier,I am looking for a good matching pre-amp for under 1K used.Any Ideas-Thanks Krelldog
Ag insider logo xs@2xkrelldog
I had a CP-60 also, very nice stuff. I miss that preamp. I cant really say the Krell I replaced it with blew it away.
Better yes, but not night and day. Now the Audio research Ref II........WOW......that thing killed them both! good luck........................Vader
I've seen many used Classe DR5s on Ebay and Audiogon going for $600. If that's not a bargain, I don't know what it. Harry Pearson (Editor of Absolute Sound) was right on the mark about this preamp.
I agree with Fuente. The CP-45 is an outstanding preamp. I owned one a couple years back. It did not have a full-function remote with the ability to select input sources but the basic preamp was outstanding. I also owned the lower end CP-35 (older style) with full-funtion remote and digital display. More convenient but not quite up to par with the CP-45. Over all, Classe offers outstanding value and very good sound throughout their product line. I haven't used any of the more recent Classe gear as my electronics are now all tube.