Reliability issue- PL-L remote

My remote for Nagra preamp PL-L malfunction after two hours of use.
i.e after two hours it stop controling the volumn and balance.Any idea what happened?
kcthong
Nuguy, very likely you are right. I suspected the volumn and balance potentiameter malfunction. Usualy damage items under guarantee will be repaired by the manufacturer/dealer, in this case the pre-amp is so new, barely 2 hours, do you think it is fair to ask for replacement? You know, psychologically it is difficult to accept a "repaired brand new item"! Especialy for high end equipment.To be fair, sonically there is no problem.Anyway if I use the item for awhile (say ,weeks,)it is a different story.TQ
I would absolutely DEMAND a new replacement. If they send the unit for service you could be waiting a number of weeks. Hopefully the dealer has a new unit in stock, if not, I'd wait for the new as opposed to waiting for repair. Let us know what happens.

Good luck!!
I have a remote for a tuner, even though the batteries are new I have to tap it once in a while to get it to work. The battery contacts inside don't always make a firm connection.
Try the buttons at the top like 1-2-3-4-5-6. This has to be on number 1 for preamp. Push number 1 then try volumn