BAT VK-51 SE or McIntosh C200?

I am in the process of upgrading my system, one piece at a time, and am starting with the preamp. I think I've narrowed it down to these two preamps. Anyone have any advice? I listened to both the BAT 31SE and the Mac C2200 in my system, and preferred the MAC for its better high-level extension. I am currently using a Bryston 4B ST amp driving Dynaudio Confidence 5's. Thanks all!
sotaphile
I auditioned the C2200, but would consider the C200. I realize that the former is tube and the latter is solid-state, but I'm hearing and reading that the C200 is a better sounding unit.

Thanks to everyone for their advice so far...
Aball writes:
about the same in terms of sound quality but the C200 had a better user interface and costs almost $1k less
I find it impossible to fault the user interface on my BAT 50SE (the same I believe as the 51). One doesn't need much from a preamp these days - and the BAT just seems so intuitive for the functions I use.

I confess that I far prefer the restrained looks of the BAT over the Mac.

Regards,
A little off topic. I recently bought the BAT VK-42SE SS pre. From what I have read on the internet it is supposed to sound similar to the BAT VK-51SE (though I have never heard any other BAT pre-amps before).

My 6 week evaluation of the this pre-amp connected to my Bryston 7B-SST monoblocks has lead me to decide to keep this pre in my system.

It is a beautiful sounding combination. I was using the Bryston BP-25 (MPS-1 upgrade power supply) for the last 5 years with the Bryston monoblocks. Compared to that combo the BAT is smoother sounding, has a larger sound stage, and surprisingly more detailed. I just love this combo.During the past 6 weeks+ I have played about 170 disks and discovered lots of new beauty in my music collection.

I listen to music such as Bob Marley, Rush, Pearl Jam, U2, Emmylou Harris, etc... All sounded great with the BAT. I play my system even more than before now.

BTW - I use Audience AU24 balanced interconnects between pre and amps. I found this was a good combo with Bryston. I previously owned 3B-ST and 4B-ST and I think this new BAT pre would also sound good with those amps.

I would urge you to consider the Cary Slp 05. It replaced my VTL 7.5 and it sounds incredible, one of the best and most magical preamplfiers I have ever heard. It has only a basic remote.
I would urge you to consider the Cary Slp 05. It replaced my VTL 7.5 and it sounds incredible, one of the best and most magical preamplfiers I have ever heard.
Audiooracle: I did have a chance to audition the Cary Slp 05 in comparison to ARC LS26. The amp was a Pass Labs and the speakers were Vandersteen Quattros. To me, the pre sounded too forceful in the upper midrange such that vocals sounded almost overmodulated. Any comments?