Anyone else evolve beyond tubes?

Over many years of owning both solid state and tube amps/pre-amps, my most recent high end system makes me question the need for tubes at all, except at the source! My Mcintosh C46 pre and MC501's driven by an MF A5 CD player into Dyn" C4's with MIT Magnum cabling produces music of great beauty and dynamic swing. I even demo'd some of the newer tube gear available for comparison...not even close. I think modern, well designed solid state gear is superior overall...at least with a tube output stage in your source!
128x128dave_b
A tube pre with a ss power amp is, to my ears, the best combination. The pre-tubes are resonable in price, the ss delivers the clean highs and the tight lows. I believe this to be especially true with CD(vs. vinyl).
Funny..I just demo'd the ARC ref 3 vs the Krell Evo 202 driving the Evo 402 into dynaudio C4's...the tube haze and overall distortion of the signal sold me on Krell...Krell is not like any bother solid state gear..it is music!! I do like my MF A5 tube output CD player so far..it has no tube problems or haze at all!!
I had more problems with tube amps. Constant tube failure. I owned MacIntosh, Cary,Wolcott, Manley and never had perfect operation past 3 months. 10 years of tubes and a year ago tried the Datrzeel. A year of zero problems and better sound and control.
Right now I have tube amps and a tube dac. I am looking forward to two ss amps, but I have been into even all ss before only to return to all tube equipment. I guess when you have been at this as long as I have you expect returning to tubes over and over. This is why I have nearly two hundred NOS tubes in my stash.