Will I improve the qualitry of sound?

I now have a Rotel rb 1050 and am considering going to a Rotel rb 1070. the 1050 is 70 watts, the 1070 is 130 watts. How much does the size of the amp affect the sound? Or is this a question for dummies, not audiogon? JNorth
jnorth1178
Thanks audphile for your recommendations. They did open up some new areas that I should explore. Right now it is a question of how much can I or should I invest in upgrades. My other hobby is fly fishing. They are alike in the fact you can never reach perfection in either one. I guess that is what makes it challenging. JNorth
I would say a lateral move at best...I would suggest going with an entirely different amp as opposed to staying in the Rotel camp...just my .02...
ALso..to increase your headroom my 3db one has to triple or quadruple your power...simply doubling it will not yield any significant results in this regard...
Spend some time on room acoustics. By far the best bang for buck when it comes to sound quality improvement.
I agree, this is a very lateral move. Same circuit, more power is really the difference if you move from one Rotel to the next. So ultimately all you stand to gain is better speaker driver control, with the same sonic signature as you have already.

Move to a different (hopefully better) circuit, and then you will hear the difference.

Good luck