Warm and Detailed S.S. Amp?

I currently own a Modwright preamp and a Pass Labs X150 amp. I really enjoy these components but, I wish the Pass amp had more warmth in my system. What amps have the warmth of tubes but are as detailed and as controlled as this Pass amp. I can't afford the .5 series of Pass amps. I previously had a CJ MF-200 amp and PV-11 preamp in my system, which was much warmer, but not as clean and detailed. I'm looking to spend about $2K used. Thanks!
jeffjazz
if warmth implies an attenuation in the lower treble, a component cannot be warm and detailed.

so, it boils down to how a word is defined. for me warmth implies subtraction in the treble and also, slightly in the upper mids. too mjuch detail in the aforementioned regions more than offsets any benefit in the lower frequencies. it is the lower treble and upper midrange which can be the cause of listener fatigue.
if warmth implies an attenuation in the lower treble, a component cannot be warm and detailed.

You are the only one who's mentioned attenuation in the lower treble. I don't think all the amps we're talking about here necessarily have that defect ("defect" being your opinion). I'd associate warmth more with the upper bass and lower mid. In my mind, it does not negate detail. I've heard tube amps that I'd certainly call "warm" or "colored", yet some exhibit hair-raising detail. Most of those have been P/P or pentode. The Mesa Baron I had for a while comes to mind.

I prefer tubes as well, overall, but I have heard several SS systems that I've enjoyed very much, and have not found fatiguing to listen to at length. Nothing specifically that comes to mind with planar speakers though, as I have had little exposure to that realm. My good friend just got a pair of Maggie 20.1's which I'll no doubt be hearing frequently with various amps, knowing him. So if I hear something SS that I like I'll let you know.

Marco
Upper bass, lower mid, upper mid, lower treble...

Sometimes, I wonder if we're all discussing the same frequencies when we write about these things.

Specifically what frequency ranges define these terms?
OK lets see if we can reach an agreement on that 'simple' request. :-)

I nominate 100 to 300 hz for upper bass/lower mid range and 1500 to 4000 hz for upper mid-range lower treble.

Are you keeping score Tvad? :-)
No. It is 114 to 354 Hz and 1257 to 3643 Hz with 14dB per octave rolloffs.