Integrated amp reccomendations

Hey all,
I want to upgrade my amplifier. I would like to stay in the integrated solid state world. I don't want the hassle or worrying about tubes, and a preamp-amp combo is probably out of my price range. My system is a Cambridge Audio Azur 640C CD player, an NAD C370 integrated amp, Sonus Faber Concerto Home speakers, and a REL Stadium III subwoofer. I use Cardas Cross Speaker cables, and Monster M550 Interconnects. OH! I also have a Musical FIdelity X10-V3 tube buffer between the CD player and integrated. I would like to buy a(new or used) integrated that will take a little of the hardness/edginess away from the sound. Give it a more fluid, life-like quality. It has to have enough power to run the Concerto's in a medium to large sized room with vaulted ceilings. The bass is handled by the REL, but I still want that midbass presence out of the Concertos. Lastly, I don't want to break the bank. I listen to everything from hard rock/metal to classical and acoustic music. Progressive rock/metal is my favorite, but of course, being progressive, it has a little of everything in it.

I know this is a tall order, but I need help.
My NAD always received good write-ups. Should I stick with it, or is there something reasonable in price that would be a real improvement?

Thanks in advance!
phoenix469
If reasonable is $1600, I'd say a Musical Fidelity A308. If reasonable is $500, I'd say Audio Refinement Complete.

And, if reasonable is $3500, I'd say the Jeff Rowland Concentra II.
I really don't believe that the NAD370 is creating the hardness or edginess you are hearing. I honestly would look elsewhere in the system. It is not the last word in amps but it's certainly musical and if anything, a haired layed back.
You may need to play with setup of the Sonus Faber speakers some or maybe check your room acoustics. I have found over the years that hardness starts there. There's things you can do with the room and I personally consider it THE most important aspect of the "System."
Your system doesn't look to be one that would be hard. I have seen people spend mega bucks looking for improvements that did not come because of room limitations. The best equipment cannot overcome a bad room.
You would have to spend a good bit of money to make an improvement with electronics. The NAD isn't bad and can stand comparison with more expensive equipment. Don't under estimate it.
If you must change, I would agree on the MF's 308 integrated. Another would be the Creek 5350se. No hardness or edginess there!
My top pick in integrated's of reasonable money would be the Ayre AX7e. A very, very good sounding piece but MUST be run balanced to get the most out of it. You can get it discounted to about $2600 or so or by used where they still run $2400 or so.