musical fidelity sound?

Do musical fidelity products (amp, cd player) have a signature sound? what is it?
samuellaudio
I tried some of the older gear a few yrs ago. Like the A300 which was indeed some what lifeless too me. Never harsh or brittle just round and boring.Resolution and Neutrality wasn't its strong point that's for sure. The X stuff sounded just plain hi-fi too me. I haven't bothered with the newer stuff..no interest in it.

Once bought used, you can normally get your money back out of it.. if it doesn't work out. So try a used CD player or Dac or both. You'll have to find out for yourself.

Good luck
I love MF sound,but are they using cheap selecter & volume?
My ex MF amp, A1X,A100,A3 had these problem.sound "de de" when turning the selecter (it means bad contact).
And Now, I'm using NuVista M3 , Problem occur again.
Had to post here, currently have a MF TriVista 300, have done many A/B's against Krell 400 xi, modded McCormack, and McIntosh MA6500. Perfect word, at least in my system - laid back. ULTRA laid-back. Absolutely wonderful, IMHO. Krell was engaging, deep, articulate, but not real. Mac was beautiful, smooth, but too boomy, again, not real. MF sounds exactly as the source sounds, at least my Tri-Vista. That's all I can ask.
They have the sound of "obsolescence before next Stereophile Rec Components list comes out" aka KACHING