audio reseach ref 3 or krell KTC...?

Hello all,

I would like to know if any of you has ever compared these two preamps. I have never heard the Krell KTC but I read very good reviews about it. I will be very grateful if you could be so kind to share your personal opinions with me.

Thank you very much for your time

Salvo
salvo
Just spent two weeks using my ARC ref 3 with an FPB700c without coupling capacitors - perfect match.
Preamplifiers having teflon or low leakage dielectric capacitors such as used by ARC or conrad johnson should not be a problem.
Dave b, it is a 300 C not the CX. I can get it upgrade to a 400 CX for $2,500 from Krell. Regardless, I bought it and am picking it up tomorrow. Hopefully it will be better than the fpb 200, which I already love.
Ckoffend, get the upgrade done to 400cx..that was my favorite FPB amp of all (better than monoblocks). Krell ended their golden age of audio design with the FPB cx series amps! You must get a Transparent MM reference power cord for it..you will crap your pants after hearing how huge a difference it can make.
Dave_b, why is the 400cx better than the 450mcx? As far as I know it is the same ampliifer with a single channel, but the power supply of each 450mcx has the same power of that of the stereo CX.