best preamps in the 4K-8K range

I'm looking for some opinions on preamps. My current system is: Ayre Cx-7 CD player, Arcam AV8 preamp, Cary 500 MB monoblocks (currently using arcam P7 preamp, but have the Carys on order), Dali euphonia MS4 speakers, Richard Gray Power. I find m current system nice, but slightly analytical, and not as 3-dimentional as I'd like. I'd also like some more musicality with a touch of warmth. I have been thinking about BAT, Cary, Herron and Pass labs preamps--some would need to be picked up used on audiogon to stay in my price range. I would certainly appreciate any thoughts on what might go well with my system from any audiogoners. Thanks
tcheathertree
I agree with the VAC. Used Ren Mk2 w/line stage should be near the bottom of your range and if you get lucky, you can get a Ren Sig Mk 2 near the top of your range. Of course, I own the Ren Mk 2 and love it. I will say that it is possible that the Cary amp may give you the warmth you are looking for. The Joules are excellent and also since you don't need a line stage, First Sound. Really quite neutral and might work just fine with the Carys.
With respect to Swampwalker, IMO the First Sound won't get you where you want to go with more warmth and a less analytical sound. The First Sound preamps are Ferraris, and it sounds to me like you want a Rolls.
A CJ Premier 16, version 2. Man this is pure musical magic and the backbone of a great system. Get it and Amperex NOS's. Heaven.

Bill
First Sound won't get you where you want to go with more warmth and a less analytical sound. The First Sound preamps are Ferraris, and it sounds to me like you want a Rolls.
Tvad

Of course that could all change when the Cary monoblocks replace the Arcam amp. Maybe he should hold off asking for preamp advice until he hears the new amps. I know I would.