what are some of the best amplifiers

I have owned many amplifiers over time. Some were high priced and some were not. My latest finding is a pair of Forte model 7 monoblocks reworked by John Sodderberg. These are very magical amplifiers after 1/2 hour of warm up. The midrange is the best I've heard. Full bodied yet detailed. There is a mystical ring of air and depth that has to be heard to be believed. I have owned Threshold amplifiers(Fortes maker) and feel that the less expensive Fortes(4a and 7's), even in stock form, outperform the Thresholds. I think less is more!
brucefrederick
ARC 100.2
Do a search.
One of the few amps actually increasing in value on the used market over the last couple years! And for very good reason.
Easily the best of several dozen amps I have auditioned.
Joe,

I know your still living in your parents basement listening to their one box Panasonic unit and borrowing their car for your job at Mcdonalds. Have you ever been with a woman(beside your sister)?
If your the sort that don't feel it is necessary to spend $25K on an amplifier for comfort that you have great sound then value for money in power SS gear is Bryston, IMHO.

Reliability and Watts per dollar = Value and with the added bonus of being able to cook an egg on top ;-)

BTW I like the Honda Accord too but I understand that it will not turn as many heads as an S600....it depends on one's view on best!
brands that get overlooked and made some dandies(some are long gone)...and all different. woodside, beard, moscode, perreaux, cyrus, music reference, nobis, counterpoint, dynaco, brown electronic labs, sonic frontiers, amc (yep the cheapie amp from taiwan), pre acrylic electrocompaniet, revox......ones that are not overlooked but should be...thats another thread
Cyrus. Last time I heard that name was when I got my DVD reissue of The Warriors...