best sub $1000 amp to mate with tube preamp

needing some power for inefficient two ways. thinking parasound halo a23 right now. recommendations welcome.
djwilbourn
sounds like the mccormack or odyssey would be my ticket, either one a better value dollar wise?
Probably the McCormack would be easier to re-sell. However, if you are speaking value in terms of sound bought for the dollar invested, I might lean toward the Odyssey. Both company owners are terrific guys.

Your preamp will require fairly high gain to drive the McCormack if my experience with the DNA-2 was any guide. The Odyssey didn't have a problem with the gain of my preamp, which is 16dB.

I suppose the McCormack is the safer bet. The Odyssey might get you more power, and it'd already be upgraded with high capacitance and excellent parts that you'd otherwise have to have upgraded in the McCormack.

I had a fairly tough time selling my Odyssey Monos, which I bought used at a good price.
IIRC, the Odyssey has pretty low input impedance, may not be a good match for a tube pre. The Mccormack sensitivity can also be an issue. Really, the Bryston 4B-ST is a fine amp, don't overlook it.
01-25-07: Rotarius
IIRC, the Odyssey has pretty low input impedance, may not be a good match for a tube pre.
I had no problem whatsoever driving Odyssey Stratos Extreme Monos with a tubed preamp that has only 18dB output gain.
If you can find a good used Musical Design D 140 or D 150B,would be an excellent choice to work very well with a tube preamp. Plus John Hillig is always available to answer whatever concerns you may have. These are some of the most musical power amps I have heard.