Looking for opinions on Prima Luna Prologue 6 &7

Upgrading system components and am seeking info on these amps, and possible pairing suggestions for preamp.
ikiwork
Hello, How long have you had the PL5? All the reviews that I've read love both the PL6 & 7. One review said that they liked the warmth of the midrange in the 6 with the EL34's, but that the 7 had a tad better range in the upper and lower ranges. I guess it may depend on the types of music that you listen to most often. What TT/ cartridge are you using currently? Thanks for your input, Steve
Hey there, Could you tell me what you did for a phono preamp? I know that Primaluna offers a phono card for the PL3 and was wondering if you went that route. Thanks again, Steve
Steve, I've had the PL3/5 combo for about 20 months. I listen mostly to small jazz groups, jazz vocalists, and classical, both orchestral, chamber and especially solo piano. I didn't go for the phono card in the PL3. I have an MC cartridge and I doubted that it would be a good fit. If I set up my phono again I'll get an outboard unit like the EAR 834P. I've set the PL3/5 combo up with a Raysonic 128 CDP and the combo has excellent synergy (with my speakers). Meets most audiophile requirements IME. Not too expensive. Errs a tad on the warm side of neutral.

However, as I indicated above, from my experience with the PL3 and 4 other amps, 1 ss and 3 tubed, I would not buy it (the PL3) w/o a PL amp unless I had an audition in my home with my stuff. The warning in the Stereophile review about impedence matching is right on. And, unless I was driving speakers with restricted bass I would not buy the PL5 with out the PL3. I tried 3 other preamps and the PL5 had 'no' bottom end. I still have not heard the PL6 or 7 and I find nothing in the reviews that make me want to buy them w/out hearing them first.

Don't misunderstand me, I really like the PL stuff (I also have a PL1) but I have some misgivings about buying the seperates on their individual merits.

Hope that helps a bit.
I just picked up a PL6 off of Audiogon to match with my PL3. My speakers are B&W 805ss. After buying the PL6 I have been doing a lot of reading and becoming confused as a result. I began having doubts about my BWs matching with the PLs. I called Upscale Audio this morning. And, they assured me that it would be a great combination. I was relieved and now am awaiting the arrival of the 6s tomorrow. Jnorth1178