Nuforce v2: has anyone tried them

The new version of the Nuforce should have hit the shops a few weeks ago.
Has anyone heard them or upgrated their existing units.
I would be particoularly interested in comparisons within the range of the new v2: 9SE compared to 9 or to 8.
I am going to audition a 9SE v2 in a couple of days, but won't be able to try the others
viclondon
hello Plato and thanks for your impressions of V-2, i have the cap cut on my SEs like it better that way. but from what you are saying nuforce has done some work on that as well. along with the V-2 upgrade it sounds pretty much a no brainer to get the upgrade. i have a week vacation planed, when i went from ref 9 to SE nuforce had them back in town in less than a week. going to schedule thanks again.
That sounds like a good plan Stltrains. Yes, from what I'm hearing, it's a no-brainer. The new version definitely beats the original even with the caps cut out, which is the way I was using them.
Thanks for the replies,
I went to audition the Ref9 SE v2 yesterday and I was extremely impressed: the best, tighest bass I have ever heard, great transparency and detail, really nice midrange and most of all extremely involving.
I bought them them immediately, did not even bother trying the ref9 or ref8. I can't wait to try them with my speakers
I got my review Ref 9 SE V2 last week and after some warm up, etc gave them a good listen over the weekend...I am very very impressed.

All reservations I had for Class D in general and specific to the NuForce are gone. The mids are sweetened up to the right balance and the tweeters on my Parsifal Ovations sound like they are ribbons.

All I can say is WOW! This is no marginal improvement. Look for my review at www.positive-feedback.com (along with Bob Levi's) within the coming weeks.
I recently picked up a pair of the V2SE's and after 4 mos. am still waiting to see if the magic aural bubble will burst. But so far, these are the most remarkable amps that I have heard or owned. I had the previous 9.0SE's but this latest V2 is really a whole new and different animal. Dynamics are out the yin-yang on these little beasts! They remind me of a strong tube amp in this regard (once owned ASL Hurricanes) but with much more finesse and control.

Also I saw two new reviews pop up on these which echo my impressions; Audio Revolution and Stereo Times both basically relate the same positive experience. (The reviewer at Audio revolution 'compares' them to his Levinson 336 and pretty much says the NuForces smoke them in every parameter).

For those of you diehards who haven't yet taken the digital amp plunge, I urge you to try the waters now. The NuForce 9 V2 SE (and the Spectron Musician III Sig.) are like God sends to the audiophile, IMO.