Mono blocks are better or Stereo power amp?

Once in a while, i pump up trance/techno music into my system. I did not require to crank up volume to more than 50 % on pre-amp. i own Odyssey Stratos stereo power amp. wanted to know the advantages of mono blocks Vs stereo amp.
vishalonly
Your volume control position has no bearing on output power. You might clip your amp at 60%. Just so you'll know...

I personally love monoblocks. I feel that the most important part of an amplifier is its power supply. With monoblocks, you get double the power supply of the same stereo amp and that improves everything across the board.

Monoblocks also get you nearly-infinite channel separation which is not to be underestimated when it comes to image precision.

I too listen to trance and techno and can tell you that having extra headroom will make a very big difference. You basically can't have too much power for electronic music IMO.

Arthur
I also prefer monoblocks for the same reasons as Aball. In addition, I prefer to place the amps on a floor stand near the speakers. The downside of monoblocks is they take more space. If you want to place your amp in a rack with the rest of your gear, the bulk may be problematic.
Monos are better.In addition to what's already been said, if you use monos you can use longer interconnects and shorter speaker cables.The end result is less degraded sound.
All factors being equal, monoblocks will outperform their stereo counterpart. As mentioned, separate power supplies can be very important.

However, would you rather own a CAT JL-2 stereo amp or Antique Sound Labs monoblocks?