Mono blocks are better or Stereo power amp?

Once in a while, i pump up trance/techno music into my system. I did not require to crank up volume to more than 50 % on pre-amp. i own Odyssey Stratos stereo power amp. wanted to know the advantages of mono blocks Vs stereo amp.
vishalonly
All factors being equal, monoblocks will outperform their stereo counterpart. As mentioned, separate power supplies can be very important.

However, would you rather own a CAT JL-2 stereo amp or Antique Sound Labs monoblocks?
Vishalonly, stereo power amp can be very good and undistinguishable from mono's. Some people are buying monoamps because they are mono's, but for the same money they actually can have a better stereo amp. This is a bit similar situation as to biwire or not to biwire (but using a better single wire speaker cable).

Chris
I agree that all things being equal, with the bigger power supply afforded by the increased room, as well as less modulation between channels, monoblocks will sound better. However, I have some Essence Emerald III monoblocks and an Emerald II stereo amp. The monos have a bigger power supply but the stereo has a much higher bandwidth. In my system the stereo sounds better IMO. So in this case the circuit design trumps the larger power supply.
You will get slightly better channel seperation whether or not its audible is up to the listener. I would not let mono-bloc or stereo sway my decision to purchase.

Chuck