Anybody Felt Lower-End ARC preamps Bass-Shy?

Any folks here who upgraded their lower-range Audio Research preamps to better ones and noticed a considerable improvement in the bass department? I own the LS-16 and thought the bass doesn't go to deep. Will the LS25 or LS26 have much better bass compared to the LS-16?

Thanks in advance.
ryder
The Bromberg Wood recording is a powerhouse onto its own and will make any system sound like it has incredible bass. It should never be used to determine the bass capabilities of components, except as an ultimate satisfaction test.

Caution: Be very careful with this recording. If a system is not capable of loud dynamics and deep bass, you could blow the woofers! Especially on the Beetle's Come Together.
Zear, I was actually referring to "WoodII" disc.
Aside from being a recording of a double-bass, I do not really find the bass overdone on it.
I am not familiar with the original "Wood" recording. I will try to pick it up. Should be interesting to compare the 2 discs.
Audphile, I didn't know there was a Wood II Bromberg recording. I do want to somewhat retract my statement that the Bromberg Wood "should never be used to determine the bass capabilities of components." I would like to rephrase that. The Bromberg recording has incredibly lifelike, uncompressed, powerful bass, which will reveal a system's capabilities, especially of speakers. However, one should take into account that this recording can lull one into thinking the bass out of your preamp or amplifier but be incredible, when it might be simply mediocre. You need to switch in another preamp/amp that is considered a bass champion performer to hear and judge your component.