Audio Research amp's retubing experiences

Hello I have to retube my ar ref 600. someone retubed ar amp's generally?
the amp has 6550 svetlana C and 6922 sovtek's. since we are speaking of a big (!) number of expensive number's I am asking which brand are to choose... someone suggest me telefunken nos goldpin, others amperex bugle boy or mullard nos....
for the powertubes someone suggest me to use kt88, instead of 6550...
some suggestion's
Thank you very much!!!
Alex
alexismaster
I recently re-tubed my 2 ARC Classic 120 monoblocks. I buy from the Parts Connexion, 16 6560c Svetlana`s, 20 tubes total for about a reasonable $450, (I requested and got matched quads).
I too was going to try KT88`s but at the last minute I found out you have to move a wire in each socket if you change to KT-88`s, something I can`t do.
This is my fourth set for these amps and I`m very satisfied with the Svetlanas, your situation with a ref 600 may be different,
Len W
I didn't like doing it, because it was expensive, but I worked through my dealer and re-tubed via ARC for my VT-100 MkIII. I'm glad I did. In the process, they found a bias adjustment problem, and did a minor repair that will prevent unpleasant occurences in the future. Also, the end result sounded as good as new. (I think tube-rolling is kind of interesting, but, having blown up several tube amps over the years--which I've found to be ugly experiences--I leave the amps to the pros. Pre-amps and phono-pre's are a different story...)

Just my two cents.
The most recommended tubes for the Audio Research amp are the 6550c SED. I retubed in the past Classic 60 with Svetlana very successfully. I will retube a pair of Classic 120 in closed future and i will use 6550c SED tubes.
I know the telefunken E88CC and ECC88, both work very well on Audio Research Preamp, but inside an amp like your pair of Ref600, to be honest i don't know. Be aware that the telefunken tubes are starting to be very expensive, no way to get a pair of E88CC fully tested for less than 200$