TVC Promethius versus Bent

Any impressions on differences from this that have tried TVCs from both these companies? Also, I'm not sure why a transformer would help over of a passive resistor based attenuator (assuming a very high quality pot)assuming drive, low output impedance source, low capacitance cables, high sensitivity amp with high input impedance (100kohm). If more is less, why isn't adding a transformer just more, though minimal, distortion? Sort of two questions, but I have a high quality passive volume control, but have an interest in the TVC idea, especially these two brands or something made by Kevin Carter.
pubul57
Very cool! glad to see you enjoying the TVC.Have you tried putting the pot in a box back in the system yet?
I tried it with the CAT and thought it worked extremely well; the fact that it cost $135 has to make you scratch your head. I order a aluminum case version which I beleive is locked in my mail room at the moment, but will be comparing soon.
Pubul57, I noticed that you have the K & K for sale now. Can you tell why you're selling and what you've kept? I have a Music Reference RM-9 and have been considering a TVC to run between my Shanling CDP so I can eliminate the digital volume control of the Shanling. I'm leaning toward the Promitheus Dual Box system. Thanks.
I'm going to be using the Joule 150 MKII which works especially well with my Merlins (and I like the way it looks) and Roger's Pot-in-a-Box for back up should a tube blow. I'm selling because I feel stupid with too much equipment on my hands. I was considering selling the Joule instead of the K&K, but I know how I am with equipment and I expect I may make a move down the road to a non-passive friendly system and regret having gotten rid of a great tube active.
Pubul57

Thanks for responding to my query so quickly; I don't know what a K & K TVC is so a little more info please. Also I want to try a really good tube preamp in place of the EVS attenuators. ( I have to admit I really like their tranparency) Have you really enjoyed the Joule or do you plan to replace it with something else? An acquaintance of mine at the Cable Company suggested that I try a First Sound preamp and/or a Suprateck Chardonay preamp. AS an aside I have been listening to a pair of the Nuforce 9.v'2s SE's fed direct with a monarchy DAC 24 into the EVS attenuators and the sound is absolutlely WONDERFUL!