a tube amplifier repair technician

I need my tube amplifier monoblock repaired..I live in New jersey..
any suggestions or directions..pls.
umaasa
John, interesting that Bob also feels that "cycling" is the best method of break-in...

I've been writing that in some threads over the past several months, as it is my experience as well. From a logical standpoint, it makes a lot of sense. Steady state operation only gets one so far. A lot more change occurs as something heats up and cools down, and that is where the stress is.

My own, admittedly half-baked method, is to turn on a component, and run it for 8 - 18 hours, followed by a cooldown of 8 - 12 hours. Repeat that over the course of a few weeks.
Hey Chris (Cpk), I just realized from reading your posts and finally your for sale ads that you are Mr. Tel Wire.
I've heard good things about your cords from my AudiogoN friends Grant (Tvad) and Tony (Clio09). Since you are so close to me proximity wise (Abington, PA), I suppose I should take you up on your 30 day challenge. Do you have a website? I'd like to know a little more about the construction of your cords. I think I may want to try one of your cords (heaven knows, not that I need anymore power cords ;-) ). Right now I have 14 cords battling it out for 8 spots in the line up, most of them much more expensive than yours (I know that doesn't mean better).

Cheers,
John
Joe, it is like if you took the words out of my mouth .
That is exactly how I do it. I would also like to add - if it still sounds the way it sounds after few weeks...... Well that is what it is going to sound like for weeeeeks to come. Just enjoy the music. IMHO and from my experience .

John if you gone try those cables - be so kind and shoot me an email, what you think of them. I might be also interested.
Maybe quantity discount .... ahh??? For friends in need.LOL
Hi John

I have a friend doing the site and he has a slight slacker issue unfortunately. But when it is finally done (2-3 weeks perhaps if I use a blow torch to light a fire under his ass) it will be telwire.net

Construction is pretty straight forward; OCC copper wire, Oyaide 004's, self-shielding geometry, pretty much the best materials available. Tuned by ear to be as neutral as I could make it while being extremely transparent and extended without glare/sibilance/or any of those lovely attributes.

People have gotten excellent results on all types of gear, digital, front end, amps..shoot me an email if you like to get a hold of one..(or more ;-))

Chris Kline
Tel Wire
Hi, Couple of things.
I do believe that silver plated wire can sound abrasive or at least tipped up in many situations. Bob and I (providing the wire he uses) believe that the gold plated silver metals tame the silver and allow the detail and speed of the silver with the warmth of the gold.
As for the quatros, changing the binding posts, input jacks, fuses, or (most expensive) internal wiring would be a sure bet to make a difference. Lastly, on p/s caps, I agree, and have had good results with the "day off evening (for listening) on" cycling. So it seems that the "rise and fall" theory has practical fruit.
I can't wait to hear these caps, as I was a M.I.T. or Multi-Cap user previous.
Best Regards