Pass Labs Amplifier Meter meaning?

On a Pass Labs amplifier, what exactly does the meter measure?
tvad
I think Zippyy is right, if my memory serves me right. My X250 runs class A for the first 40 watts, then switches over to A/B. The meter needle moves slightly in class A mode. I had the needle up to the 12 o'clock position once, and it was alot more than 40 watts, and so loud the sonics were terrible in my room, which is approx. 15x27x9. I think it just measures current, whether it be class A or A/B. I guess they figure since you're paying alot, you may as well have something to watch, even if it doesn't move very much.
Hey, it's okay to have a little eye candy in your system. The meters look cool....even if they are unecessary.

All amp mfgs could put the things in black boxes and call it a day. Nothing wrong with having aesthetics in a system. Look at the car you drive.... is that metallic paint and the custom wheels really necessary?
Ecclectique, I have a manual, but it has no mention of the meter in it. Must figure it doesn't need an explantion.
Maybe I should rephrase. According to Pass Labs, my 600.5 amps stay in class A to 110 watts. Once a 600.5 amp reaches 110 watts, it switches to class A/B and it is indicated by the movement of the bias meter. Peter at Pass Labs called the meter a bias meter and said that it wasn't an indicator of current. Just "Passing" on what I was told.