Shindo VS Doshi

Hi,

is someone out there who have made a comparison A/B between these to wonderful preamp ?

Thanx

Sam.
samuel33
I personnally have a shindo, i am -as you can imagine, quite happy with it.

Owl what are the sonic difference between them ?

The comparaison was the same day in the same place ?

Tx
David,
I'm dying to see what's next for you after Shindo/ Solovox.

Samuel33
I have Doshi, but never compared it to Shindo.
Doshi is very, very special preamp. The more I've been listening to it, the more I'm appreciating it's virtues.
It's quite a bit less money, than Shindo and it should be much easier to service, since it uses very common and inexpensive tubes (12AX7, 12AU7, 12BH7), as opposed to Shindo.
Samuel, yes they were all on my Wilson Maxx2 based system with a couple of different amps and front ends including ML2 Lamm's, some amps that Doshi rebuilds and I don't recall the others (there may have been a Shindo or two). Also had the Audio Research Ref3 and CJ Act2 there as well. You really need to hear the Doshi in your own setup but from my recollection (it was a while ago) the Doshi was big, solid full bodied images,great tone and texture, monstrous dynamics and bass. The Shindo was fast, detailed, transparent, very good depth and layering with a huge stage. A lot on the Doshi is predicated on the quality of the tubes you use in the Doshi as some good vintage Telefunkens can really kick it up a notch. They're both great- but also very different.
You know where I can demo one of them ?

And which tubes have you try with your doshi ?