Choice on a $3,000 to $5,000 SS amp

hey everyone what's a good choice for a solid state amp that will be pushing a pair of Avalon Eclipse speakers. My price range will be from $3,000 to $5,000 new or used.
garebear
Well, I think at this point there will not be a narrowing down, assuming that is what you want to do. In the realm of SS, it is pretty hard to beat Pass, Ayre, SIM, and Plinius in your price range, though beyond on that there are certainly some additional good choices, namely Symphonic Line and Dartzeel. So I guess my question is, do the lines mentioned seem like good choices for you, is it helping you narrow down to 2-3 worth considering? It will not suprise me if you hear Pass and Ayre mentioned, alot. Don't know your speakers, but I suppose if you needed a lot of power in theprice range, Bryston and McCormack might also be worth consideration.
Personally, if I were looking for some SS in this price range I'd try to find a Plinius SA-250 mk IV amp and just forget about it. If looking for a more current model, I second the Cary MB-500 monoblocks. Either amp should drive your Avalon's with ease.

Cheers,
John
My vote is to pick up a used McCormack DNA-500 and never look back....... 500w/channel into 8 ohms; 800w/ch into 4 ohms. Plenty of power, great detail, transparency, musicality, etc. Just a really great amp. ALthough I've switched to tubes, I will probably never sell my DNA-500. I'm pretty sure the many other 500 owners will echo my sentiments. Worth hearing before you make a decision, if possible.
Hello, I've listen my v-1x with a pari of Avalon monitor and sound is great. I've already listen it with a pair of Avalon Ascent (enormus speakers with a great separate crossover) and my heart is remained them with my ears