Pass Labs xa - .5 amps

Has anyone compared the new Pass XA-30.5 stereo amp to the XA-60.5 mono amps? Interested to hear your impressions. I am considering one (or two) these for use with my ML Vantage speakers. Thanks.

Bob R.
rmrobinson1957
Soren,
50 ohms is great. What brand and how long are your ic's to the Pass? Is the needle on the Pass moving when you are experiencing the flab? My 30.5 had more articulate bass on my Maggie 3.6 than my previous McIntosh 1000 watt monoblocks (as long as the needle wasn't moving). Going to Pass's 100.5 was a noticable improvement in bass. I haven't heard the 60.5. Twice the power would only give you 3db more loudness BUT that plus each channel having its own power supply would give your more control. Maybe not enough for your taste or speakers.

XA power is expensive. Have you thought of trying one of the X.5 series?
Hi, could someone please describe the sound of the XA30.5?
I heard it recently, and was wondering if my impressions were close to what you are hearing.
Thanks.
06-02-09: Chashas1
Hi, could someone please describe the sound of the XA30.5?

Tonally balanced from top to bottom. Bass in proportion, and with excellent definition. Grain-free midrange and treble. No glare. Clarity of a tube amp (unique among solid state amps I have owned).
Well, the XA30.5 is an excellent amp. I'm sure. However a small amp. will always have difficulties controlling large areas of woofer - like the VA The Music has. The damping factor is 150 which ok but not extremely high.

"The Music" has the possibility of adjusting the bass in a few steps. When i reduce the bass the result becomes more in the right ball part ;-). Rooms are smaller here in Europe so room gain is a factor.

The IC's are Audence AU24. Balanced all the way. Speaker wires are Kimber 8TC.

When I'm playing marginally loud the needle moves a bit. It does not cross the vertical line, but is moves. Maybe the XA60.5 would be the right choice in my case;-). The XA100.5 are too expensive for me.
Chashas 1,
I have written a fairly extensive review of the XA100.5 which you should be able to click to next to my username. I don't know how to create a link, sorry. It is very similar to Tvad's desciption of the XA30.5 above, which I have not heard.