How to evaluate amps that are not broken in?

I'm expecting to demo Belles and JoLida amps next week at home, and both units are new. Can I assume that if I like the sound of an amp now, I will like it just as much after it's broken in? How does one account for this variable when trying to decide if a new piece of gear will be synergistic with one's system? Thanks!
stuartk
Well, I have to admit that I'm totally confused at this point. All of this disagreement re: breaking-in would seem insignificant if it weren't for the fact that audio gear is so expensive. Perhaps the safest route is simply to only purchase used gear, so the breaking in factor is a moot point.
Perhaps the safest route is simply to only purchase used gear, so the breaking in factor is a moot point.
Stuartk (Threads)
That would certainly eliminate the issue.
Stuartk,

A thought.

Given that there is general but not unanimous consensus among: A) manufacturers, B) retailers, and C) reviewers (who are professional and critical listeners of hi fi gear for many hours a week, week in and week out) that "break in" of BOTH electronics and speakers is a real, highly equipment dependent and variable phenomenon that occasionally results in significantly improved performance, I would be so bold as to say that this discussion is almost nonsensical and says more about human nature than it does about whether some newly manufactured hi fi equipment sounds better after some potentially extended periods of operation. (Do I get a prize or a demerit for the length of that sentence?)

My experience with human nature is that those with a passionately held and generally negative position will press their case vociferously and indefinitely, even in the face of volumes of contradictory evidence, particularly if this evidence does not square directly with their own experience, perceptions, or sense of fairness.

Face it, break in happens, or it doesn't happen. And like the trees falling in the forest, if you are not the owner of a piece of equipment who perceives that it requires enduring this kind of consumer hell and self questioning torture, then it doesn't exist to you and be glad of it.
PS - I bought a late model amp used from a broker recently and I am not sure it was completely broken in... cause the sound changed over time. Or was just me? HA!
I asked a dealer why he didn't run his demo speakers at night to break them in (he carried B&W speakers and they *really* needed hours on them). His response?

"The cleaning crew would not have it."

????