Do you pull A/C plugs during thunder storms?

Just wondering how many folks adhere to this preferred practice.

Best.
sirspeedy
I used to keep a 7270 McIntosh power amp unplugged for 5 months at a time if I was not using my stereo. I now have a Cary V-12R tube amp and a Cary SLP98P tube preamp. I live in Pinellas County FL. Lightning capital of the Northern Hemisphere. YES unplug anything valuable, no matter how great your surge protector claims to be or you'll be sorry like a few people I've met. You would not beleive the chain reaction lightning can cause. My stereo had 17 components, 6 speakers and a sub. Now it has been reduced 6 components and 2 speakers and I keep a second smaller stereo just for lightening storms. BE CAREFULL
Are you in the red zone?

http://www.lightningsafety.noaa.gov/lightning_map.htm
No. I've lost equipment to a nearby lightning strike, but I think of that as a freak happenstance and I don't think the added protection is worth the trouble everytime it rains.
NO No No , DO live in florida...it is beautiful and quite special !

Polk432 ; shouldn't you be on the other side of me in Polk county ? LOL . Sorry , had to !

Didn't I read someplace that it is a good thing to plug and unplug in order to keep the prongs free of tarnish and dirt buildup ?
If you live in Florida and it rains after 9PM.You dont have to unplug your equipment.THE ELECTRICITY IS SHUT DOWN ALONG WITH THE RESTAURANTS