Where are you today?

I am curious how many of you have switched from solid state to tubes or vice-versa and why, maybe you haved moved onto an integrated amp. Are you satisfied with what are you currently using and is this gear keeping you happy. Or for some of you, is the current state of the economy effecting your purchases?
phd
Only two tubes left. There in the output stage of my ModWright/Denon player. Leaving tubes wasn't a goal it was more chance steered by the availability of used gear. It seems I've become hooked on transparency and extension.

I still own a tube amplifier that I listen to in the winter months but I didn't this winter. Tubes are great. And when I hear, "sounds like tubes," I'm sorry, no it doesn't. And, for me, that's actually a good thing.

Vic
I'm straddling the fence...tube preamp and solid state amps.

One day when I can afford the $30k plus that it will take to purchase a pair of high powered 500 wpc tube monoblocs (ARC), I'll give tube amps a try.
Started with all SS gear, a big 400 watts/channel amp. Then got a tube integrated and phono for my upstairs system. Amazing sound. Still for my main system I maintained that gotta have 'power' and bought another pair of ref 800 watts (at 4 ohm) monoblocks with ref SS Preamp. Then got a tubed DAC. Great improvement, a tubed phono. Added more naturality to sound. Then got tubed pre. Holy s*&#. Unbelievable improvement. Each added tubed component improved the sound even more- more three dimensionality and natural sound. Then finally added a ref Tubed monoblocks (60-90 Watts/channel- a far cry from 800 watts/channel) and now the sound dev is complete.

Hard to believe the improvement every step of the way unless you listen back to back as I added each tubed gear.

I can sit back and enjoy the music now.
I moved to tubes years ago and never looked back.
However I believe the design is as good as its creator.
I have heard excellent SS products as well as tube or digital.
All designs have their strong and weak points, no question about it. Some, just do it better then others.

My main rig is all tube-based:
Granite Audio preamp, now DODD Audio battery pre.
Consonance Opera Cyber 800 mono blocks amp. modify.
Consonance Ref. 40 phono stage.
Nixon DAC soon to be replaced with Peachtree DECCO modify which also has Scott Nixon's fingers in it (DAC and amp. section).
Consonance Droplet CDP

My second system (which I am in the middle of putting together........wating for mimis M&D speakers) is.........well,
very different:

Red Wine Audio sig.30 amp. (t-amp) which IMO is just awesome. It might not be the best match for minis but wife would not be happy with anything bigger in the badroom.......if I could, Omegas or Zu would be my choice with RWA amp.)
Sonos wireless music system as a source, together with modify MMF7 turntable with Moarch up4 arm, Denon 103R cart. and Creek phono.
And again, Peachtree integrated/DAC .